Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Change of Plans?

Hum... so I got to thinking, I know dangerous, but I was wondering who I knew who might have some vintage windows hanging around.  The first person who popped into my grey cells was my skiing & boating friend Chris Stebbins, aka the Eugene craftsman design-build guru.

Well it turns out Chris was re-modeling a place over on College Hill, built around 1907 and just so happened to have a few ripped out windows sitting around.  I picked through the pile & cleaned off some of the paint last night.  This would radically alter the design, but combining these two windows would make a great door for our library box.


OK... now I need to track down someone with a table saw to square the bottom edge of the half circle window.  Then it's back to the drawing board for building around the top window.  I was already a bit leery of my first box as the plywood had been out in the weather for a couple years and the wood was warped. 



Back to the drawing board....  What do people think?  Better?  Funky?



No comments:

Post a Comment