Sunday, November 24, 2013

Catch Up

Just back from some California work & family time.   I hit up a couple neighborhood LFLs while down south & then caught up with Hope Crandall from the Friendly Park LFL this afternoon. The Friendly Park Library opened today and it's a perfect fit for a park with lots of young kids.  Similar to Whitty Storeys the box is roomy and was already attracting the attention of neighbors & kids.
Hope Crandall, showing a kids book @ Friendly Park
 Here's a sampling of what I borrowed from two California libraries.  I hadn't really thought of periodicals, but New Yorkers are welcome plane trip reading so I gave it a go.  My sister says these magazines are a sure sign that her south Bezerkeley neighborhood is truly gentrificating.

Some New Yorker mags & a McCall Smith book from California boxes

No comments:

Post a Comment