Thursday, December 19, 2013

Winter Ideas

  So it's winter.  With all this time cooped up inside it's time to think about ideas for our neighborhood spot.  I was thinking about a kinetic poetry box.  What you say?  A moving poetry box?  Yeah, something along the lines of this quite creative book box.


  Maybe we can get together after the holidays & toss around ideas?  What about something with some sort of kid engaging wheel & chain contraption that would spit out poems?  Here's another quite creative DIY contraption from over the pond.  

  I'm not sure I'd have the time for something this detailed, but it would be a cool community project.  Any takers?

4 comments:

  1. I would use the magnetic word poetry sets with some form of a metal turning stick - don't reinvent the wheel with Chris' task oriented project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought his approach was pretty cool... analyzing the words was way over the top to me but that's what cold English winters are all about. Maybe when I retire and hit geezerhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! It would be nice to take it a step above cardboard and staples. Perhaps wood or bamboo slats on a canvas track rolling around an eight foot long 2x2. The 2x2 could be mounted high (maybe 6 feet off the ground) and there could be viewing window at 5 feet up where one row of words was visible. I'll sketch this out.
    Great inspiration, Stephen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cools ideas Patrick... I'm in. This is one of those creative, anachronistic projects that just appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete