Friday, August 30, 2013

Due Date

  I dropped by the box this morning and discovered seventeen new books.  Count 'em seventeen kids books.  The benefit of having a Teacher/Mom in the neighborhood is now readily apparent.  Check out this panorama of titles, my personal favorite is My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George.  This book inspired my wilderness adventures and although I didn't live in a tree this book was a spark in my boyhood reading.

Books from the Mayberry Family

  These books are now safely ensconced in the box and when I was stamping them I noticed an artifact of pre-digital libraries.  Anyone remember these little sleeves and hand inked due by dates?  Ah it takes one back to mimeographs, tasty glue pots, Ticonderoga pencils, Flannel Graphs, Sullivan Readers and a host of forgotten high technology teaching tools.  Fortunately the paper and ink books have survived the digital transformation.  So one can blog in the binary world and read for pleasure in the analog world.  Thanks once again to great neighbors.

8/30, ~6:30pm-Come Decorate the Box!


No comments:

Post a Comment